Friday, April 8, 2011

Sixth Worcester Non-endorsement

I know I haven't been to active lately with either the Sturbridge or the Knox Trail groups, and I do want to apologize for that. I have a whole tea pot full of personal things going on here which need to be dealt with, but I am still as passionate about the movement as ever. So with that being said...
As most of you who know me know, I don't endorse candidates on any of my "official" tea party correspondence and I won't now. But I will do a non-endorsement. I wrote an article about Geraldo Alicea the other day, did you see how he says the Democrats will lower taxes once things get better? Yup it was right there in the paper of record, well at least in Southbridge, the Evening News. They did a profile on him and they quoted him as saying that. Okay, I know its the News and sometimes they may not get things exactly right, but we'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I Love SOUTHBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS City Limit Sign - 6 x 24 inches
Order from Amazon

The thing is the Democrats here in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts have never met a tax they didn't like and the chances of them ever lowering taxes while they control the coffers are about the same as Sturbridge pulling up the brick sidewalks and getting our money back. (You know I had to throw that in there) I do need to take a ride by the common and see how the sidewalks held up through the winter.

Again, while don't endorse candidates, I can certainly  urge any of you who are unenrolled to go vote in the Democratic special primary April 12th. If you aren't registered in the Sixth Worcester district, you can always go vote in Southbridge. I would suggest walking through Oak Ridge Cemetery first if you need a name. Just saying....

2 comments:

  1. You can't blame Geraldo for trying. He know's things will never get better to a point of a tax cut.It's just empty words to mislead the people into thinking he knows what he is doing. It's time for a change.

    Enough with the sidewalks, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anything Alicea won't say?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. We appreciate your input.