Monday, April 11, 2011

Only the Guilty Get Nervous

Only the guilty get nervous. This was something I learned back when I was a Regional Security Manager for a large company. In the course of talking to less than desirable characters I learned that when someone got nervous when they saw me coming there was usually a good reason. So reading the Sunday Worcester Telegram yesterday, I have to wonder what the Southbridge Town Clerk and the Southbridge Town Manager are so afraid of. You see it seems that two groups with ties to those evil, racist Tea Party groups want to be at the polls in Southbridge and ask voters to voluntarily show their ID's to poll workers.

Is there something they are afraid of? Perhaps because they did such a wonderful job during the November elections, these groups may just want to make sure all goes as well this time. as you recall during the recount for the Sixth Worcester race there were some, let's say irregularities in the way votes were handled. In addition, during the resulting court case, one witness testified that he wasn't allowed to vote, yet, none of the poll workers could remember him being there. His was the tying vote.
Mr. Clark said the town is checking into the nature of the groups “to make sure that they’re not militant in nature” and the town will put “adequate protections in place.”  - Telegram
These damn militant Tea Party people once again are causing trouble. Can you imagine they want to make sure that all goes well with the elections? Some of you may recall my experience in November at the polls in Sturbridge when I was told I already voted and then they let me vote anyway without asking for my ID, which has gotten me behind the "Show ID to Vote" movement. 


So again I ask: why are they nervous in Southbridge, is there something they are afraid of?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. We appreciate your input.