Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Tea party Thoughts Part 2

Earlier today I posted my thoughts on the election. As stated in the post, this was an email I sent out to the mailing list of the Sturbridge Tea Party. I received this reply from one of our members and she agreed to let me post it.
I read your letter this morning through my tears which still have not dried from last night, and I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head, except for mentioning one thing; The changing demographics of America.
Most Americans of a "certain age" who grew up in the "Land of the free, home of the brave"  which became the greatest country on the face of the earth, ever, share your views and mine.  However, in addition to the current "entitlement" mentality which has evolved while we weren't looking, a large percentage of our population (soon to outnumber us) did not share that uniquely American experience and those values, and those people contributed heavily towards last night's election results.  I don't know what, if anything we could have done, or could do in the future that will change that.
I do know that the Progressive Movement which has been sweeping our country in recent years, co-opting the Democratic party and also  many Republicans,  started a hundred years ago with their HUNDRED YEAR PLAN which accelerated about thirty or so years ago, and has now come to fruition.  This did not happen overnight. It was a carefully crafted and executed long term plan and it happened while people like you and I were asleep at the wheel, busy with their lives, not paying attention to politics, believing in and trusting our government, confident that the people we elected to represent us could be trusted to do the right thing.  We were wrong- they did not.
So where do we go from here?  Like you, I am trying to figure it out.  While I have only attended Tea Party meetings intermittently, I have worked for the past three years on several freedom related issues such as the Massachusetts 2010 Pandemic bill HR 2028 which if passed as written would have forced all Massachusetts residents to take flu vaccinations, no exceptions medical or otherwise, under penalty of indefinite incarceration for refusal to take the shot, Ron Paul's "audit the fed bill, and several food freedom issues, many of which allowed undue government intrusion into our lives.  I have emailed, written, called and talked myself hoarse to senators, congressmen, friends, strangers and anyone who would listen and I've lost count of the sleepless nights.   I've had some successes and some failures, but I guess what bothers me the most, is that so many people just don't care.
I'm tired and discouraged right now.  As you said in your email, "Change comes from the bottom and works up. I still think that, but evidently not enough others do." and that is what saddens me the most.  I do not know how to deal with this. Some of us care so much, and so many do not care at all and I do not know what to do with that.  I keep remembering a line from a movie I saw many years ago, Called AMERIKA, (yes, spelled with a K, ) starring Chris Kristofferson. It was, if memory serves me correctly, about a communistic style take over of America.  Kristofferson's character said at the end, regarding freedom  " As long as freedom lives in the mind of even one American, it will not die."  I hope he was right.
Thanks for letting me vent.  I figured you will understand.  God bless America.
Sincerely,
Janice Bouche

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. We appreciate your input.