Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Now What

Where do we go from here? That is the question. We are in for four more years of division, bitterness and erosion of freedom. So what do we as tea partiers do?
I suppose we can take some consolation in the fact as the Tea Party as a whole only half-heartedly supported Mitt Romney and here in Massachusetts, Scott Brown (not including this writer however who supported them both). So what now?

Buy from Amazon here
While you still can
The barbs and insults against us have already started. The one I just heard was a commentator saying we need to stop backing "extreme nut cases" for Congress". We will be written off, denigrated,  actually pretty much like we have been already, and that's fine, but where do we go from here?

Here are my two suggestions:

We need to get serious and decide what we want to be. Are we an organization of principle or of candidates? There was a lot of division among us on who to vote for, who to back, etc. etc. and what happened? We lost. I think we spent as much time fighting over whether Ron Paul should have been part of the process, whether or not he got screwed by the Republican Party that we lost focus on the true prize.

Second, as I have written about many times we need to start locally. Fine, I get it, you are pissed off at Scott Brown because you think you elected him the first time and somehow betrayed you. Fine I get it, but now what do we have? For those of you who didn't vote for Brown because of this, what do you think now? We have another left wing progressive in the senate and we lost someone who actually did care about this state. We gained nothing in the house, electing someone because of their name and reelecting someone of questionable character in John Tierney. Is this moving forward?

We, as a movement, the tea party movement, need to make a decision. We need to decide on what direction we will take. We had a chance to make a difference in this country, we could have started back on a course to be the greatest country in the world, or continue on our slide to being a third or fourth rate one. We could have made sure the Constitution stayed intact or we can watch it as it continues to become meaningless.

Yes I suppose I am somewhat bitter about this. I saw it coming though, at least here in Massachusetts. I could say "F*** it" and fade away. After all I am in pretty rough financial shape, no job, etc. I could live off the public dole, and I am only going to be around for a limited time. But I'll go on because I truly beleive in two things:

  • Our Founding Fathers did know best when they set up this country and it is worth fighting for.
  • God has a plan for all of us, and I believe in the motto ""In God We Trust"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. We appreciate your input.