Saturday, November 10, 2012

I'm Resigning

from the Republican party. After having plenty of time over the past 24 hours to think about this, I have decided that I am officially changing my party status back to "unenrolled". I no longer consider myself part of the Republican party.
Like so many I thought this might be the time for the republicans to finally make a difference, but once again we were shown how the republican party, both the national and the state don't care about what the people want.
Wall Street Journal

They wanted Mitt Romney from the start, it was his turn and damn it he was going to get it. Don't get me wrong, I liked Mitt Romney, he managed to change my mind after the first debate, but was he the best? Obviously not.

I received an email from the Tea Party Patriots, and here is part of it:
Mitt Romney is gone.  Our problem is still here.  Because the beltway GOP establishment is still here – and still doesn't get it. This is the same GOP establishment that:
  • Allowed spending to go UP during the 2 years of power and control we gave them in Congress
  • Raised the debt ceiling after heavy opposition from the American people
  • Refused to utter the words “tea party” once during the entire GOP convention
  • Opened the door to tax hikes – this week – with President Obama
  • Said – this week – “Mr. President, this is your moment. We’re ready to be led”
  • Said – this week – “Obamacare is the law of the land”
  • This week – denied we exist
I think on the national level it is obvious that the republican party is not the republican party we hope for.

On the state level, did we gain anything?  We lost the senate seat held by Brown and returned a Kennedy to Congress. We gained nothing on Beacon Hill, at least locally we reelected Peter Durant (although personally I would have liked it to have been a little closer just for something to talk about) but that was it.

I don't know the inner workings of the party, I admit it. I am just a regular guy who loves his country and doesn't like the way we are headed. It is obvious that the republican party machine isn't of the same mind as I am.

A lot of damage has been done in the last four years and a lot more will be done in the next four. Listening to John Boehner, it seems that he is going to help that along. This election once again proves what I have said all along, "Change begins at the bottom and works its way up."

Time to start at the bottom.

4 comments:

  1. I agree completely. We have seen the remaking of the Democrat party from what was once a proud representative for the hard working people of America, and I hope the Republican party would take notice and realign their principles to more accurately reflect the American people, but instead, it was more important for them to 'roll the dice' and throw their full weight and support behind the 'next person in line'... Who happened to be the man who lost to the man who lost to obama the first time. Yes, I agree, as well, that he's a good man but he was a LOUSY candidate. If you ask, people only nominated him in the first place because they were warned he was the only one who could beat obama- O, REALLY!! He rendered the argument of the healthcare monstrosity null and void, his politics changed with the wind, and every time I heard him call obama a 'nice guy' I wanted to SCREAM. obama is NOT a nice guy. obama is a monster, and a big part of my objection to Mitt Romney is that I knew he did not have the cajones to take it to obama, as he did to Newt or Santorum.
    He wanted nothing to do with the Tea Party, and they, nothing to do with him, until he became the nominee, then of course, most of us fell in line simply to return our White House to an AMERICAN, but those snubs didn't escape my notice either.
    The Republican Party thought we would coalesce behind Romney, and indeed, many of us did, but it wasn't enough. It wasn't enough to overcome the lies and slander of the obama people, and Mitt thought that the 'nice' in him would take it away- I can only compare it to obama thinking you can sit to tea with the terrorists and have them all of a sudden put down centuries of hatred and embrace us as friends.
    I'm sick.. I've had a headache for days, and the most heartwrenching thing is to have to hear my own sion;'s reaction, and not be able to do anything to ease HIS pain.
    The fact is, we KNOW there was massive voter fraud and the only "Republican" who did anything about it is Allen West, Bless his soul- But Mitt Romney just threw in the towel within minutes of the announcement obama had won.
    Conservatism did not lose inthis election because we were not represented, and yet, it's being viewed as though we want our party to veer more to the left.
    Mitt Romney and the Republican Party did a TERRIBLE disservice to US, but even worse, to generations to come.
    God Bless our country.. I will not compromise my principles for the Republican party- We KNOW what we want, WORKS, and has been proven time and time again. We KNOW what we want is exactly what made this country the shining star on the hill for two centuries, and there is no compromising with that.
    God Help Us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all of us who believe in what the tea party stands for, the original principles, need regroup and rethink. You are right when you say that we (the tea party) fell in line with the republicans.

      Someone answered my email, which my post after the election was coped from, saying maybe this wasn't the worst thing to happen. Maybe we need to fall to the bottom, like an addict, before we can lift ourselves up.

      When people realize that Obamacare is bad, that losing our freedoms are bad, that you can't take from one group and give it to another doesn't work when the givers have nothing left to give, then there will be change. It won't be easy, it is going to hurt and many of us won't make it, but that is what needs to be done.

      Delete
    2. I agree- This is no longer 'right' against 'left' or 'Republican' against 'Deomocrat', this is truly, good against evil. I know it sounds dramatic, but the lines are being drawn- I will not step down. This is OUR country, and this government is supposed to REPRESENT us, NOT oppress or own us- Our ancestors died for our freedom, and our children have every right to expect that those God-given freedoms to be passed down to them. This is not going to end easy.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. We appreciate your input.