Wednesday, July 13, 2011

You'll Eat Your Damn Peas And Like It

First it was we would all have to make sacrifices, then it was those keeping our thermostats lower and who can forget making sure our tires were properly inflated. Now our fearless leader is telling us to eat our peas. Is this leadership or what?


Green Giant Peas, 15-Ounce (Pack of 24)
You got it, you can
buy them here
I suppose when you live in a world where you have never had to actually work for a living and have pretty much had everything handed to you; you really don’t know what it is like to eat your peas. Does Barack really think there are real, normal, regular, working people who aren’t sacrificing as much as they can? Other than his base of people who are on entitlement programs, public sector union members and politicians does he really believe people are living the high life?

My girlfriend and I both work full time, I work two part time jobs, one of them is this writing gig so send money, and every week I need to decide if I should put gas in the cars or food in the fridge. I don’t have a government funded mortgage, the government doesn’t pay my health insurance or buy me lobsters with an EBT card. At any one time if I have enough money for a coffee (Cumberland Farms any size .99) I feel like I’m styling, yet Obama wants me to eat my peas. I wish I could afford peas.

Yet here he is telling us to lower our thermostats, the same guy who wears short sleeve shirts in the oval office in the dead of winter. “Make sure your tires are inflated properly” says the guy who has never had to put air in his tires in his life. And don’t forget those evil corporate jets from the guy who has the biggest, most expensive private corporate jet in the world.

Yes, I am the one who needs to eat my peas, I get it, after all I wouldn’t want the big “O” to have to worry about anything which might make his handicap go up.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the hipster meant "Snap" Peas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. We appreciate your input.