Saturday, September 24, 2011

Election season has officially begun

Summer us officially over and it is time to start thinking seriously about 2012. In case you haven't heard there is a whole slew of elections coming our way that year. We have the chance to increase the unemployment ranks for some Democrats including the one who currently occupies the White House.

While I am not an official Sturbridge Tea Party Spokesperson and we have decided not to endorse any particular candidates, I think we can all agree on which incumbents we would like to see retired. In Massachusetts, while the new districts have yet to be formed, as always, all of our Congressional seats will be up for grabs and since there are no Conservatives or Republicans in any of the House seats, well I think it's clear that any of them could retire without having any detrimental effect on the country.

For President, again I think it is obvious it is time for Barack "Pass this bill now" Obama needs to start collecting unemployment, perhaps he, Michelle and the kids could move in with Auntie Zetunie and live in the projects on our time, I would be willing to pay for that. So far I am not impressed with Rick Perry, although many in the tea party movement are, but he did not do well in the last debate and really will need to be much better prepared if he intends to debate Obama. Personally I won't support Romney and if he is the nominee, I will vote for him but i won't like it. There is talk about Johnson, but I don; care for him either, Santorum is a maybe, Bachmann scares me and I like Cain but I don't think he has a chance. How's that for narrowing things down? There is also talk about Chris Christie running, but I can't get my arms around him, and I am not talking physically.

The big race here in Mass will be the Senate race. Scott Brown is up for reelection and there are many involved in the tea party movement who want him out. I'll write more on this in the months to come, but this would be a very big mistake on their part. Read up on his chief rival, Elizabeth Warren, and you should have your eyes opened pretty quickly. If the tea party runs a candidate against Brown in the primaries, consider the seat lost.

As I said I will continue to write my thoughts on the elections, as it is time to get serious about the whole thing. If you would care to submit a guest post, let me know, we welcome all opinions and views. Okay, most opinions and views. Email me at imjustmusing@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. You think Bachmann is scary too? Glad I'm not the only one. I think her vision of America is some sort of Christian equivalent of Sharia law. Spooky as all get out.

    I am undecided as to whether or not to support Scott Brown. As you probably know, I think moderate Republicans are great, but I wish he were a little more focused on issues concerning middle and working class families who are getting squeezed financially. It's looking more and more like I'm going to have to go back to work full-time, which totally sucks. (In addition to Southbridge property taxes and water/sewer rates, why have food prices have gone up so much?!)

    Don't vote for Romney. For reals, if neither of us like the guy I think that says a lot about him. I'd vote for Hermain Cain before Romney anyday. That being said, I will always carry a torch for Fred Karger. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also didn't mention Ron Paul. With Paul, there are things to like and others not to. He is making progress in the polls though, I will need to give him a closer look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. We appreciate your input.