Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Answer to Beacon Hill

Last night at our monthly meeting we had the newly elected representative from the sixth Worcester district, Peter Durant as an honored guest. You know, some questions are better off left unasked. In this case the questions was "Peter, are things as bad as they say on Beacon Hill?"


Now, if you have never met Peter, and I don't know him all that well myself, but he seems like the kind of guy who is fairly measured in his responses and one who normally wouldn't get to excited or upset. Therefore I think he really tried to give us the impression that things aren't really as bad as they say they are on Beacon Hill. It almost worked.

But then he told us about the other new representative, of the opposite party, who was told how to vote on each bill, and after a few follow-up stories, well I am not quite sure he had any of us believing it wasn't as bad as we have heard. 

I won't go into the details, because it is irrelevant to this discussion, besides, why should I put everyone in a bad mood. But let me just say, now that it has been confirmed it is as bad as they say, the question is "How can we change it?"

The answer is actually quite simple, we need to vote more Republicans into office. The Democrats are in control, they won't change their ways, they don't understand what the people really want, they have no concept of controlling spending and as long as they are in control, this will never change. After all, why should they change? You (yes, you, not me) keep reelecting these Democrats over and over and over again. And as long as you keep doing this, well, nothing will change.

So why do you keep doing it then? I think I finally figured it out. You people out there don't know any better. No, I don't mean it in a bad way, well not a real bad way, but you have been so brainwashed into thinking the Democrats are bad, even when you disagree with them you just can't bring yourself to believe you actually might be a Republican. Believe me I understand, I've been there, sort of. But thankfully there is help, there is a way out. You can be helped and you don't even need a 12 step program.

What is the answer, how can you be saved? Now if I were a television preacher, this is where I would hit you up for a donation, but alas I am not, so here is the answer:

Attend your local Tea Party meeting! I told you it was simple, and look, if you really feel the need, you can send in a donation.

2 comments:

  1. It is very frightening; however, I don't believe change will happen in this state for quite some time or until everyone is broke. I know good people that are educated, honest and hardworking; but, vote democrat; because their whole family does, they really do not believe what they are told. These people still think that this is the state of the Kennedys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that is why we need to change it, which doesn't mean we need to just blindly vote Republican, but we need to elect those who think like we do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. We appreciate your input.